Budget friendly projects with a big Return of Investment (ROI)
Posted by AgentVal
Not all home improvement projects are created equal. Some renovations may cost a lot but not add significant value to your home. This list goes in the opposite direction: Here are some inexpensive home improvement projects that will not only increase your enjoyment of your home, but will also increase the home’s value.
- High quality ceiling fans: In a recent National Association of Home Builders survey, ceiling fans ranked No. 1 as the most-wanted decorative item. If your ceiling fans are outdated, replace them with something in the $400 range—it’ll make a big difference when it’s time to sell.
- Trees: Mature trees can be worth as much as $10,000 toward the value of your home. Trees also protect your home from the elements and prevent erosion.
- Energy efficiency: Buyers are increasingly interested in saving energy, so any efficiency update is worthwhile. Switching from a wood to gas fireplace is a great start.
- Outdoor lighting: Exterior lighting is great for highlighting the accents of your home, and you can typically expect a 50 percent return on investment.
- Molding: You can finish a room with crown molding or railing for as little as $1.50 per foot if you take a DIY approach, and it’s extremely desirable among prospective buyers.
Are you thinking about selling soon but are not sure if your house is “ready”? Since each listing should showcase its own personality, it helps (and it is encouraged) to have a Professional tour your property for advice on how to properly and effectively prepare your listing. A professional Property Stager, a Certified Home Marketing Specialist (CHMS), and/or a REALTOR® can create a custom list of “to-dos” to help dress your house for a successful sale. Having a pre-listing walk-through with a Pro can save you from spending money on the wrong home improvements.
An experienced local REALTOR® is likely to have a team of people who can assist you with listing preparations. Make one call and get it all done – call your favorite REALTOR® first!
We know what it takes to get a house sold the quickest and for the most money. Let our experience help get you the biggest bang for your buck! ~Agent Val, metro realty
Have Questions? I’m here to help. Send a quick message for a FREE CONSULTATION:
Val J Aranda, REALTOR® & Certified Home Marketing Specialist
“Coaching Texas Home Buyers and Sellers”
4007 McCullough Ave, Suite #477
San Antonio, TX 78212 | Call/Text Val: 210-378-5987
The advice and opinions expressed and shared on AgentVal.com are the sole opinions and advice offered by Val J Aranda, Metro Realty. This is not intended to solicit business from consumers under a Buyer/Broker Agreement or Listing Agreement with another Real Estate Firm.
About AgentValI'm not your typical "Sales Person." I consider myself a teacher of Real Estate. I don't just close deals and move onto the next one. I take my time educating buyers and sellers before, during and after each transaction. My job description is more of a community service. I coach home buyers and sellers so they can make confident real estate decisions. I also assist new property investors. Whether or not you've bought a home before, real estate is constantly changing. Don't stress about what you don't know - let me bring my 18 years of experience to the table. I'll provide you with all of the resources you'll need to have a successful closing. I'm a Texas REALTOR® offering around-the-clock service. I want to be your personal resource for Texas Real Estate. If you have general real estate questions or concerns keeping you up at night, ask me! I understand you need your beauty sleep! :-)
Posted on 31 AM00000011 2010, in Bexar County, Boerne, Community NEWS, Do-it-Yourself, Home Maintenance, Home Owner, Home Seller, House-to-Home, Kendall County, Medical Center, Medina County, Newsletters, Northeast San Antonio, Northwest San Antonio, Property Preparation, San Antonio, Sea World Area, Texas Real Estate. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.