According to a recent survey conducted by houzz.com, here are five things that consistently make people happy with their homes.
1. Big windows and comfortable furniture: Nearly 75 percent of respondents listed these two items as major difference-makers. It’s a no-brainer—people like lots of light and a good place to relax.
2. A big-screen TV: This is more likely to be a key feature for men than women. 40 percent of men said having a big-screen TV makes them happy with their homes, compared to just 17 percent of women.
3. Overall design and layout: 87 percent of the 6,000 people surveyed said the design of the home is a major contributor to overall happiness. If you’re unhappy with your home and there’s a project you’ve been wanting to tackle, get to it!
4. Home-cookin’: 39 percent of respondents said the scent of good cooking or baking made them happiest. Clearly, it helps to have a capable chef around the house!
5. Keep it tidy: 72 percent of homeowners said they’re happiest when their houses are clean and well-organized. If you want to be happier with your home, try having a place for everything, and put everything in its place.
Is your place feelin’ a little less like “home” nowadays? Whether you are currently renting or if you own your house if you’ve lost that, “Lovin’ feelin’,” we can help you find a home that makes you feel like, yeah, this is “The Good Stuff!”
“LOVIN’ FEELIN'” – The Righteous Brothers
“THE GOOD STUFF” – Kenny Chesney
Texas law requires all real estate license holders to provide the Information About Brokerage Services to all prospective clients. TREC’s Consumer Protection Notice.