Category Archives: Do-it-Yourself
The holidays are coming to an end. The fireworks will bring in the new year soon. Once the confetti settles, it’s time to get our homes back in order.
If you’re thinking about a new and snazzy look for your home’s decor in 2016, you may enjoy the smartphone/mobile device apps listed below!
Five apps for easy home decorating
Technology has made it easier than ever to bring your home decor ideas to reality. There are countless smartphone apps that help you plan a space or do some valuable comparative shopping. Here are five apps to use on your next decorating project. Most are available on both iOS and Android devices.
1. Color Capture: Ever see a color that would make for a perfect paint scheme? Benjamin Moore’s Color Capture app allows you to take a photo of anything and instantly get a matching paint color.
2. iHandyLevel: Hanging photos and artwork? Rather than searching through your toolbox for a level, you can use something that’s already in your pocket: Your phone. The iHandyLevel app functions just as well as a dedicated level, turning your phone into the ultimate picture-hanging companion.
3. LikeThatDecor: Let’s say you see the perfect Chesterfield sofa in a coffee shop, and you want to see where you could get one of your own. Use the LikeThatDecor app to take a photo of furniture and instantly see similar items from dozens of retailers.
4. IKEA Catalog: Forget about the nightmare of navigating the parking garage, showroom, and warehouse at your nearest IKEA. The IKEA Catalog app allows you to virtually place furniture in a room. If only there was an app for easy IKEA assembly!
5. DesignSponge: DesignSponge is one of the best DIY and home decor websites out there. Now there’s an app that makes it easy to access all of their awesome content on your smartphone.
Whether or not you’ve bought a home using my services, I’m always available to answer your house-to-home questions! ~Agent Val
METRO REALTY | Val J Aranda, REALTOR®
4007 McCullough Ave, Suite #477
San Antonio, TX 78212 | Direct to Val: 210-378-5987
I’ve toured and sold miles, and miles, and miles of homes. Most contracts start with a home inspection, and on almost every home inspection, the HVAC System needs to be serviced. And if you don’t know by now, the HVAC system (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning), is one of the MOST EXPENSIVE items to replace in a home.
So… before the A/C or heating system freezes up and/or gives up – change your air filters every 30-days! It’s one of the most important (and least expensive) preventive maintenance tips you can follow. When you change your air filter, go ahead and pour about a cup of vinegar into the drain line of your interior A/C system. It’ll help clear up some of the goo and gunk that builds up in your drain line. Vinegar is said to be better than bleach since it’ll end up in your yard. Vinegar is less harmful to the kids and pets playing around in your yard.
DO-IT-YOURSELF HVAC PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE:
(as recommended by many HVAC Service Technicians)
If the vinegar does not come out or if it’s a very slow drip, you may need servicing.
If you have a Home Protection Plan, but NEVER try these preventive maintenance tips, it’s very likely that your plan will not cover repairs and/or maintenance if your system breaks down. IT’S BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. There’s nothing worse than 105 degree TEXAS weather without an A/C!
If you need a local HVAC Technician who’s licensed, bonded and affordable, I recommend Frank Garcia, owner/operator of “Air Strike: Air Conditioning and Heating.” He’s quick to respond and services the Greater San Antonio area.
Air Strike AC & Heating
Phone: (210) 639-9054
Brought to you by- Val J Aranda, metro realty – “Coaching Texas Home Buyers and Sellers”
San Antonio, TX