From the SA-TAREI Membership List
SA-TAREI: San Antonio Chapter of Texas Association of Real Estate Inspectors
(Master List and Favorites* provided below)
Members marked with an asterisk (*) below are Inspectors used by past and/or present clients of Val J Aranda, REALTOR®, Metro Realty, San Antonio, TX. Past performance does not guarantee future performance. Please shop for the home and/or termite inspector who fits your needs and your budget.
QUICK TIPS & THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE CALLING HOME INSPECTORS:
- Before calling home inspectors, have a copy of the MLS sheet for the home you’re wanting to inspect. The inspector will ask for the address, age, square footage, and for special features you may want to inspect (sprinkler system, septic system, multiple A/C units, etc…). The MLS sheet will have the information you need.
- Most inspectors collect payment at the time of the inspection. If you wish to pay at closing, please inquire ahead of time. Most companies do not offer the option.
- ASK ABOUT THE TURNAROUND TIME FOR REPORT DELIVERY. If you’re currently in an Option Period, it’s recommended to have the report in your hands at least 2 days prior to your option period deadline. This will allow enough time to negotiate repairs if needed.
- Some Home Inspectors also perform Termite Inspections for an additional fee. Call to inquire.
- Schedule your appointment and let your Agent know who you pick and the day/time of your inspection.
The Agents will coordinate the inspection with the Owner of the property.
Inspections last at about 2 hours for a home under 2000 square feet.
It’s recommended that buyers are present during a home inspection. If there are any issues found by the inspector, it’s helpful to see them in person.
If you cannot be present for the entire inspection, ask the inspector how long the inspection will take and then arrive about halfway through. You may also send a trusted friend, family member, or your REALTOR® on your behalf.
- Additional FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about Home Inspections
HELPFUL INFO ABOUT A FEW FAVORITE HOME INSPECTORS:
Chris De Marco
Office: 210-688-9577 / Cell: 210-707-4239
- A-Pro comes highly recommended by other San Antonio real estate agents. A-Pro offers a 120-Day Guarantee on home inspections. Chris also offers a “Foundation Level Survey.” His reports are often delivered within 24 hours. He can also coordinate a WDI Inspection if one is requested.
Hector Toledo: 314-580-6111
Tony Ramos: 210-833-6586
Hector and Tony are bilingual (English/Spanish). They often deliver reports within 24 hours. BPG Inspectors offer a 90-Day Inspection Guarantee.
- Chuck offers affordable Home and Termite Inspections.
- San Antonio homes built after 1970, under 2000 sqft: $245.00 (Price subject to change without notice)
- Termite Reports by Tex Pest Patrol: $75 + tax if done with Home Inspection (Price subject to change without notice)
- Fee Schedule
- Scott performs inspections for pre-owned and new home construction. He also teaches and trains about Home Inspections.
CERTIFIED HOME INSPECTORS IN SAN ANTONIO
(Some may also offer Termite Inspections. Call to inquire.)
Beneficial Home Inspections
Circle C Home Inspection, Inc.
King Inspections, Inc.
Texas Home Check
|Paul G Du Bois
Home Inspectors of America
|Rodney J Dunn
Five Star Home and Termite Inspection
|Michael K Fitzgerald
|Matt Gessner* (offers a home maintenance book)
|Doug M Horne
Jackson Home Inspection
|Greg M. Kreusel
Alamo Inspection Service, Inc.
Home Front Inspections
830 237 1045
|Carlos A Rodriguez*
Advantage Inspection Services
|Rod StewardsonRod Inspects Professional Real Estate Inspection
|John T Stewart
|Richard L Thomas
First Choice Home and Termite Inspections
Dream Home Inspections
Bexar Inspection Svc., Inc
Wilson Home Inspection
Complete Inspection Service
A-Nu Home 4U Inspection Network
Assurance Home Inspection
LIST OF SAN ANTONIO TERMITE/WDI INSPECTORS
(WDI – Wood Destroying Insects)
Have any questions or need further assistance? Contact Val J Aranda, Metro Realty – San Antonio for assistance.