REMINDER: If you would like a FREE/NO OBLIGATION property analysis, click on “Your Home’s Value” for a customized report delivered directly to your inbox.
- Appraisals provide an objective opinion of value, but it’s not an exact science so appraisals may differ.
- For buying and selling purposes, appraisals are usually based on market value — what the property could probably be sold for. Other types of value include insurance value, replacement value, and assessed value for property tax purposes.
- Appraised value is not a constant number. Changes in market conditions can dramatically alter appraised value.
- Appraised value doesn’t take into account special considerations, like the need to sell rapidly.
- Lenders usually use either the appraised value or the sale price, whichever is less, to determine the amount of the mortgage they will offer.
Used with permission from Kim Daugherty, Real Estate Checklists and Systems, http://www.realestatechecklists.com
Reprinted from REALTOR® magazine (REALTOR.org/realtormag) with permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
“Valet Real Estate Services Around the Clock!” If you have general real estate questions, I’m always on-call. Whether you’re a Home Buyer, Home Seller or a Tenant… I’ll gladly tailor my service to suit your needs.” ~Agent Val, Your Trusted Real Estate Advisor~
METRO REALTY | Val J Aranda, REALTOR®
4007 McCullough Ave, Suite #473
San Antonio, TX 78212 |
Call/Text Val: 210-378-5987